The most important part of your house is the roof but as it is one of those things that is in the owners field of vision every day, it is usually something that is not thought of until there is a problem. Most homes use asphalt shingles, they are normally warranted for 20 or 25 years so the roof is not something that is thought of very often. Being out of sight does not mean the roof on your house should be out of mind, it is a good idea to have a roofer in Aurora check it every couple of years to make sure there is no damage. Professional roofers know exactly what to look for during an inspection.
The areas that need to be checked are:
* Rafters and trusses: this is the wooden structure that makes the A shape of the roof. These need to be checked for warping, cracking, rot and termite infestation. This structure carries the weight of the whole roof; any damage needs to be rectified before the whole roof suffers damage. A qualified roofer in Aurora is aware of these issues and knows the solution in the event a problem is spotted.
* Roof deck: this is the first layer of the roof, usually made from a material such as plywood. This layer provides structural integrity and acts a surface for the roof covering. This needs to be checked for any evidence of water damage, animal or bird ingress or rotting.
* Flashing: Flashing makes the roof watertight in areas where different elements of the roof meet. Flashing is used in corners, around dormer windows, around protrusions such as pipes, etc. The roof inspection team will check that the roof has all the required flashing, and it is in a good condition.
* Roof Covering: the exterior covering is normally made from tiles, slate, metal or shingles. All of these materials are very long lasting but they can be damaged by the elements and by animal activity. If you suspect that the roof has suffered any damage, have the roofer in Aurora make repairs before the problem becomes worse.
* Drainage: While on the roof the roofer will check that the guttering and drains are clear. This is very important, especially if you have a flat roof, as standing water can cause further damage to your roof.
If, during the inspection, the roofer finds any problems, he can give you an estimate for the repairs. By having routine inspections made, any small problems that are found can be repaired easily and inexpensively. If you wait until it becomes a major problem, the cost of repair will be much higher.
A roofer in Aurora has the skills and experience to be in a position to spot any problems with the roof on your house or commercial building. To arrange an inspection you are invited to call Showalter Roofing Service, Inc.